Apple Pledges To Become 100% Carbon Neutral For Its Supply Chain And Products By 2030

Apple today announced it pledges to become carbon neutral across its entire business, manufacturing supply chain, and product life cycle by 2030. The company is already carbon neutral today for its global corporate operations, and this new commitment means that by 2030, every Apple device sold will have a net-zero climate impact.

“Businesses have a profound opportunity to help build a more sustainable future, one born of our common concern for the planet we share,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “The innovations powering our environmental journey are not only good for the planet — they’ve helped us make our products more energy efficient and bring new sources of clean energy online around the world. Climate action can be the foundation for a new era of innovative potential, job creation, and durable economic growth. With our commitment to carbon neutrality, we hope to be a ripple in the pond that creates a much larger change.”
In a remark, Apple says that it plans to reduce emissions by 75 percent by 2030 while developing innovative carbon removal solutions for the remaining 25 percent of its comprehensive footprint, as per its newly released 2020 Environmental Progress Report, which you can it by clicking the link here.

To promote these efforts and beyond, Apple is setting up an impact accelerator that will focus on investing in minority-owned enterprises that generate positive outcomes in its supply chain and in communities that are disproportionately affected by environmental hazards, which are part of the iPhone maker's recently announced $100 million Racial Equity and Justice Initiative.

For your information, Apple’s 10-year roadmap will lower emissions with a series of innovative actions, including low carbon product design, expanding energy efficiency, remain at 100 percent renewable energy for its operations, as well as carbon removal—remove carbon from the atmosphere.

Finally, Apple engages with governments, businesses, NGOs, and consumers around the world to support policies that strengthen environmental protections and the transition to clean energy

Post a Comment

أحدث أقدم