Data: More People Are Buying iPad Pro, Apple's Tablet Share Continue To Climb

Strategy Analytics is out with a fresh report that details the market share of tablet manufacturers worldwide.

The report shows that the performance of the Apple iPad is still very compelling. Compared with the same period of last year, iPad sales in the third quarter of 2019 increased by 4%, reaching 10.1 million shipments, finishing first with 26.5% market share. The second largest manufacturer is Amazon, with shipments of 5.3 million.

Overall, the global tablet PC sales exceeded 38 million units in Q3 2019, down 4%, with only Apple, Amazon and Lenovo have their sales increasing. Noted that Apple's iPad sales have only increased by 4 percent, but its total revenue has increased by 8 percent in which indicates that the tech-giant's more expensive iPad Pro models are also doing relatively well.

In September, Apple introduced a new, cheaper iPad that comes in a 10.2-inch screen and Smart Keyboard for $329. Undoubtedly, this new product release will help Apple further accelerating iPad sales, Strategy Analytics pointed out that Apple's total iPad revenue increased by 8% this quarter, the same as Apple's quarterly financial report.

Rumors have it that the upcoming iPad Pro will have the triple-lens rear camera system found on iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max. Apple's next-generation iPad Pro is expected to be available in early 2020.

Post a Comment

أحدث أقدم